Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Knee & Me. One Week Respite

The insurance company approved the procedure for the right knee.  My appointments are set for Dec. 20, 27, and Jan. 3.  As much as I have an urge to complain that I'll be sidelined for two days before Christmas, the thought of getting the same level of relief in the right knee is keeping me silent.

Are you making New Year's resolutions?  I find making a resolution on the first of the year a little silly.  They are forgotten well before the last of the egg nog has spoiled in the refrigerator.  I'd rather set a goal at the beginning of each week and make a true effort to achieve it.

Today is my sister's birthday.  I hope she enjoys the day and that the weather in Virginia is warmer than what we have here.  Her birthday signaled the start of three weeks worth of teasing between her and my late sister, Marilyn.  For three weeks they were the same age.  Marilyn was a New Year's baby and Carol arrived in December of that same year.  My mom called them her "Irish" twins.

Enjoy the day.
14 days til' Christmas
13 more shopping days
eeeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment