Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blister Pack, Revisited

My discontent with blister packs has reached a new level.
A few days ago, I broke the nail on my right thumb.
"No big deal", you say.
The nail broke just below the nail line, leaving a nasty gash.
That thumb is now useless until the gash heals.
In the meantime, opening the blister pack is now a challenge of monumental proportions.
"Please open this for me.  I can't do it with this thumb", I handed the nasty blister pack to a friend.
"How many times do I have to show you how to do this?", he sighed.
"All you do is fold the corner in.  You don't need thumbs.",  he said as he struggled with it. . " Ah, usually that is all you have to do.  Darn, this one is hard to open."
I looked up to see he was using BOTH thumbs to get the pack open.  He finally did make a dent in it.  Enough for me to break the seal with another nail.
Then, there is the trick of getting that tiny pill out of the blister pack without it dashing away as if it were liberated.
This time I succeeded.  I think I'll bring my friend the entire packet of pills and ask him to open them all.  Then, I'll just put them all in a pill bottle for easy access.

It will get better, it will get better, it will get better.  It better get better fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment