Friday, June 17, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

This was a hectic week, so hectic I'm not sure where the time went.  The days sped by like a runaway locomotive.
Monday's breakfast went without a hitch.  Gert's scrambled eggs are popular and bring people back week after week.  The tropical fruit breakfast bake was well received, but the surprise star was the impromptu compote made from the leftover fruit.  I just wanted to use it up, so I placed the fruit in the processor and pulsed it a few times.  The folks loved it on their toast.  Who knew?
The arts and crafts group met on Monday afternoon and I finally brought down the supplies I had locked away.  Several members are making up prototype teddy bears; one decided to make baby blocks; and a few others took on more projects.
With our Wii guy in Texas, I have the responsibility to get the Wii up and running in the evening.  I did that on Monday night and let them play until 11pm.  Sadly, this lady was way too tired to sit up while they played until the wee hours of the morning.  Wii and I went to bed at 11.
Worked in the shop on Tuesday and Wednesday.  On Wednesday night I made my spaghetti sauce and meatballs for Thursday's lunch. 
We had no idea who, if any, would show up for Thursday's lunch since at 5pm, Care-A-Van would be here to host their annual picnic for the residents.  One of my helpers suggested I cancel the lunch, but I hesitated doing that.  We are advertised as having a lunch and I felt we should keep to our promise.
As it turned out, we had almost 30 for lunch.  Care-A-Van served 60 at the picnic.  Between us, we fed the multitudes. 
Today!  I did paperwork all morning.  The newsletter is finished and put to bed.  The first two pages had to be edited due to late breaking news.  I completed the list of volunteers to make sure that all are recognized at the Residents picnic on July 17.  The poster for the 4th of July Pot Luck Picnic is done and up.  I worked the shop from Noon to 3.
My weekend plans were changed at the last minute which resulted in a mad dash to do laundry. 
Stafford's carnival is this weekend.  I'm going to miss it. 
For all the dads reading this, an early happy fathers' day. Hope you all get to do fun things this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. In other words... Weeehoooo, Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess so, Eric. The verdict is still out. I forgot to mention that I lost my laundry card and had to get a new one just before the office closed.
    Life around here can get interesting.

    ReplyDelete