Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cold and Blustery Saturday

This is just the right day for soup.  Unfortunately, it is also the day that I have 2 three hour shifts in The Snack Shop.
So I am the shopkeeper from 9am - Noon and then, again, from 3pm - 6pm.
A Colorful Cartoon of a Shopkeeper Up on a Ladder with a Dog Below - Royalty Free Clipart Picture


On this particular day, our community is celebrating Thanksgiving.  The dinner is at 5pm while I am still tending the shop.  So, our intrepid leader of the kitchen will be delivering my dinner. 
Quite honestly, I don't mind since the community room will be crowded with residents.  I thought I was the only one who felt that way until visitors starting popping into the shop. "Would you mind if I brought my dinner in here?", I was asked.  Of course I didn't mind.  The more the merrier.  We probably will be crowded as well since The Snack Shop is located in a very small room.  But, we'll share the meal and give thanks for the friendship and fellowship we share.
The best thing about working in The Snack Shop, today, is that I don't have to cook; I don't have to do dishes; and I don't have to clean. 

So pass the cranberry sauce, the dressing, the mashed potatoes, the candied yams, the pumpkin pie with my favorite whipped cream topping, and of course, the turkey.
On Monday, I will start the first of 3 gel injections in my left knee.  I am suppose to be off the knee for 48 hours after I come home.  This will certainly cut into any Thanksgiving Dinner preparations I planned on making.  So, I'm just going to sit back and relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment