Monday, January 31, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

The prediction is a foot of snow or more by tomorrow night. 
I did something I never do before a storm.  I went to the grocery store.
Somehow I knew it was a mistake, but I had no choice.
My friend, Lu, hosts Monday Euchre.  Today she can't be there and asked if I would do it for her.
That meant getting something for a light lunch and snacks for the tables.
So, off the to the store I went.  I wasn't disappointed.  It was packed with folks picking up milk, bread, and whatever they think they will need to weather the pending storm.
I stood in line behind three people with their carts overflowing. 
Something caught my eye as I waited my turn at the checkout.
The sun!
Mother nature knows how to take care of us.
She is giving us a day of sun, blue skies, and clear roads so folks can prepare for what is coming.

1 comment:

  1. It's only predicting up to 18 inches. We'll probably get 4. But the sun, it is glorious.

    ReplyDelete