Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mudbound and other things

Today is going to be a busy day.
The kitchen volunteers will serve a breakfast this morning.  They worked hard all day yesterday and the aroma of sizzling bacon and other goodies permeated every floor.    That alone is enough to entice me down there this morning.

After breakfast, I have to get busy and put the finishing touches on our book club luncheon.  We're having tea sandwiches, fruit compote and chocolate covered cream puffs for dessert.  The book, Mudbound, is the topic for today and the book selection for A Tale for 3 Counties.  It will be fun to hear the comments from our group.  I liked the book.  I'll admit that it wasn't one I might have picked up off the shelves but once I had it in my hands I couldn't put it down.

Before our book discussion, I have to be in the shop at 11:30am to get ready for our pizza sale.  The response to the sale was a little overwhelming.  I originally ordered one pizza from Pauly's Pizza.  Then, I had second thoughts.  Finally, last night, I decided to go with two.  I'm crossing my fingers and hope I made the right decision.  I'll have to help set up the room for the pizza sale, then it will be up to the staff to take it from there. 

After the book discussion, I have a shift in the shop from 3 to 6.

At 7, I'm leaving for a Euchre tournament, in LeRoy, with a friend who is an excellent card player.  I hope I have him as a partner sometime during the evening.

If the wii people are still playing when I get back home, I might squeeze in a golf game before I call it a night.

It should be a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment