Friday, January 14, 2011

One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

I have made a decision to take a three month leave of absence from our little shop effective Feb. 1.
It is time to step away and clear my head.  I wasn't sure what I would plan to do with the extra time, but fate has a way of stepping in to make a clear path.
I received an email from a friend asking if I would help his brother tell his story.  Intrigued, I left a message for his brother to call me.  This should be fun. 
There are four men who had a band when they were in their late teens.  They had some success in the field of pop music then, as it often happens, they graduated from high school, went on to different colleges and devoted their time to growing up.
Fast forward thirty years when they meet in Batavia to have fun with a reunion concert.  One from Rochester, one from New York City and two who make their home in Batavia.  Their concert clicked and offers are coming in for them to perform.
This is the story in a nutshell.  Of course, there is much more to it.  Telling it, for them, will be a challenge I can undertake while on my own hiatus.
The good thing about this project is that it can be done anywhere.  If I chose to travel, I can work on it while on the go.  My deadline is mid March.  The clock is ticking and the calendar is marked.  Ready, set, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment