Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Odds and Ends of This Wednesday

The Knee:
There is no discomfort or pain in the left knee.  I will say that this was a success.  Now waiting for news on when we can start the right knee. 

The Snow Storm:
Last night, I took a picture of the storm from my window.  My Florida son, immediately let me know that it looked like the Ghost of Christmas Past with a cheap cell phone.  I agree that it looked ghostly, but I also saw four fingers on the right side and six fingers on the left.  He instructed me to lay off the egg nog!


A Christmas Story told by my friend, Cathy DeJaneiro

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not a lot of people know this.
 
Last but not least, The Shop Gets a Phone
For over a year the Snack Shop has operated using our staff's cell phones.  While this worked, it bothered me that people who were volunteering their time were also donating their personal minutes to the shop.
It was obvious that the two cans and a string, just weren't cutting it anymore
So, as of today, we have a cell phone in the shop. 
While this may seem like a minor accomplishment, it is a big deal for us. 
Still 16 days til' Christmas

2 comments:

  1. I can see the four fingers. Creepy.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a backstory to that picture of the 'fingers'. From the time I moved into my apartment to this day, I swear the place is haunted. Whoever it was, isn't mean spirited. As a matter of fact, he or she is rather playful.
    Lay something down on an empty table and go back for it fifteen minutes later and it is gone. Not misplace, but GONE.
    Spend a good hour looking for it, walk away and come back and there it is, right where it was placed.
    A hour search isn't bad. It is the 24 hour searches that can drive one batty.
    I imagine my ghost sitting in a corner grinning as I spend hours looking for my glasses; keys; important papers, etc. Then, laughing, when my frustration reaches it's peak.
    I've been here for three years and we still play hide and seek weekly.

    ReplyDelete